The eFoil eSurfboard Battery Box is a high-quality Zarges special container made of aluminum in combination with fireproof cushioning and absorbent pads, which are absolutely dust-free and therefore pleasant to handle, is our first choice. The eFoil eSurfboard Battery Box (M) for eFoils is certified as dangerous goods packaging according to UN regulations and therefore suitable for public transport according to regulations. A fire test has been successfully passed and promises that in the event of a fire, the external temperature will remain below 100 degrees Celsius. The manufacturer promises this for up to 1.000 Wh. From this it follows that depending on the battery type, the battery should not be charged more than 20-30 percent to store it safely in the long term.
The eFoil eSurfboard Battery Box (M) is very robust and can be carried comfortably by the two handles on the side. The two comfort latches allow gases to escape even when the container is closed. The fireproof fiberglass cushions are electrically non-conductive, absorb liquids and also have a shock-absorbing effect. Since electric surfboard batteries vary widely in size and form factor, all of the batteries listed below have been personally tested by us to determine the ideal box-cushion combination.
eFoil eSurfboard Battery Box (M)
- Outside dimension: 600 x 600 x 250 mm
- Inner dimension: 550 x 550 x 220 mm
- Weight: 5,6 kg
- Maximum gross mass: 65 kg
- Volume 66 liters
- UN3480 and class 9 label
Size M is suitable for the following batteries:
- Audi e-tron foil
- Lift Foils
For bigger batteries (e.g. Jetboards) you need the E-Surfer Box L.
For more than three years we have been dealing intensively with the safe storage of electric surfboard batteries, also due to our own needs. For this purpose, we have already written several articles on the subject of battery safety in the past. Furthermore, we had extensive discussions with dangerous goods transport companies, scientists in the field of fire protection as well as the manufacturers of transport boxes for dangerous goods. Lithium ion batteries (whether for e-cars, e-bikes or even e-surfboards) still pose great challenges to fire departments and authorities and there is no 100 percent safety. The solution here currently seems to us the safest solution that is still financially justifiable for a private user. Nevertheless, we do not assume any liability for damages of any kind in case of fire. With the purchase of this product you explicitly accept this disclaimer of Lakeberg GmbH. For further information please contact the manufacturer ZARGES GmbH (aluminum boxes) and K.TEX – KNEIN TECHNISCHE TEXTILIEN GMBH (Cirrux cushions).
eFoil eSurfboard Battery Box (M)
- Approved dangerous goods packaging for lithium batteries UN 3480, UN 3481, UN 3090, UN 3091.
- Suitable for transport of prototype, damaged or defective batteries, critically defective batteries (according to SV 376 and P911 ADR) and batteries for disposal and recycling.
- Fire tests also passed for critically defective lithium batteries with nominal energies above 1,000 Wh (please request specification with influencing variables such as cell chemistry and design from ZARGES).
- Maximum outside temperature below 100°C, no escape of flames and splinters in the event of an accident.
- High puncture resistance, i.e. also suitable for high-performance batteries such as Power Tool batteries.
- Padding and absorbent material non-flammable, non-electrically conductive and dust-free.
- eFoil eSurfboard Battery Box for storing lithium-ion batteries.